Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nothing new here... Or is there?

It is midnight. Yes, that is right. I actually stayed up late tonight! Yesterday our heater broke downstairs. So all day today I was avoiding the house because it was a brisk 55 degrees. If I wanted to hang out in 55 degree weather, I would have put a lawn chair outside. Hopefully the heater will be fixed by tomorrow. But for now we let the dog come upstairs, and the baby is wearing extra layers to bed. And here I am. Up at midnight. I have a lot on my mind. Mostly just how hungry I am. I have been working really hard to lose weight, and so far I have done a great job! But I feel like a little orphin child sometimes in that I feel like my tummy is never full. I hate that. I wish I could find something that tasted delicious, and had extremely low calories. It would be nice to I could eat and eat and eat and feel completely full and not have to worry about how many calories I have consumed. I love chocolate. Where is all the diet chocolate? Where are all the anvils? (if anyone gets that reference to the anvils, you are my new soul mate) Speaking of Sole mates, Paul and I went down to the store and stood on that new Dr. Schulls foot thingy that tells you what kind of inserts you should buy. We were hoping that we would be literally sole mates... Tragically we are not. But we are still in love, and we are going to make this relationship work! HAHA! Paul is awesome. He goes to work every day for our family. Such dedication!!! I love him so much! I just wish I could see him more. I probably should stop saying that, I know he already feels bad about not spending so much time with us... But we understand =)
On a brighter note, now that it is after midnight, today is the 18th!! Horray! I am excited because my new climbing shoes are coming in the mail today... I probably won't get to use them till March because of various reasons, but at least I can hug them and try them on!!! This month is a busy one! On this coming Monday I have decided to have lasiks on my eyeballs, because that is where you have lasiks. I am really excited to say farewell to the glasses!!!!!! Horray! Then on Wednesday I get to travel across the country with Davan. We are going to Arizona to attend my cousins wedding. It is going to be fabulous! And while I am there I am going to say hi to all of those long lost friends! Hello friends, be there soon!!
Davan has been adorable the last few weeks. He still loves the ladies at the children's place at the gym, but he has taken a big dislike to men. (which is good) He screams when I have other guys hold him. Like the other day, we had a playdate at my house. My friend Patrick was over with his cute son Eli. As soon as Davan was in Patricks arms, he started screaming his face off!!! Same with on Sunday when a friend from church asked to hold him. I handed Davan over, and he just started screaming, turned his poor little face all red!! I love Davan, he is adorable, even when he is screaming. We found out he has a new favorite song. He like's the It's Raining Men song... It could be my awesome dancing or my singing that gets him, but he just starts giggling and blubbering away when that song comes on! Cutest thing ever! Next time he does it, I will record it.
Well, that has to be all for tonight, my arms are going to fall off from frostbite. Tragic, I will miss the only two appendages that still look halfway decent after having a baby! No pictures for this post, tragically enough, I don't know why we didn't take any pictures around Valentine's day. Maybe I will dress him up now and shoot some cute pix! Keep an eye out next week =)

3 comments:

  1. Shyla used to dance her pants off everytime Danity Kane's Damaged played. It was really funny. I'd put on another song and she'd stop dancing. When I put Damaged back on... the dancing resumed! Totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm! Loved the solemate bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get 20/20 vision! Im not gonna lie, its the greatest :)

    ReplyDelete