Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

Happy Superbowl everyone! We are watching the half time show right now. I am not really into it though, I am not a huge fan of the Who. It would be nice if they would put people that are currently big and famous, but I guess Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake ruined that for everyone. The lights and fireworks are pretty, but other than that, the music is not so good. The lead singer looks like he is going to pass out from lack of oxygen. Or he might just have a heart attack right there on the stage. That would be embarrassing... Then hopefully the superbowl committee would go back to picking famous people.... A big sorry out there to anyone who likes the Who!! The game has been pretty exciting, except we are not really a fan of either team, so we are not really sure who to root for!!! Davan is loving the game!! Although, he loves all TV. We have been letting him watch the Baby's Signing Time dvd. (Thanks Papa and Juju!!) He is really cute, he makes the sign for milk and the sign for dog. Although I don't think he even knows what they mean =) it is still adorable!!

This week has been another busy one! I have been working with a personal trainer at the gym, and now my legs are killing me!!! It is wonderful! Davan loves hanging out in the child care center, he flirts with all of the ladies there. He always has a big smile on his face when I go in to pick him up. I've decided that my favorite part of the gym is the cardio cinema. You get to work out in a dark room with a big screen movie playing. I have also been working hard on the Oakleaf auction. The Oakleaf club is a group for medical officer's spouses which I have joined. I have made a lot of friends though that group. I have also been baking a whole bunch for the Oakleaf bake sale. I made these really cute heart shaped cup cakes out of red velvet cake. I also helped make hershey kiss roses to sell. I am so excited for Valentine's day! Paul is taking me out for a special date on the 12th (because that's when he has off) and then on the 13th there is a group date with some of the couples from Oakleaf! It snowed again on Friday night, and our backyard is all white again. I LOVE the snow!! We made little snowmen, they were awesome!

Davan and I are excited (but sad to leave Paul) as we travel across the country once again. We are going to Arizona to be at my cousin Kevin's wedding. That should be a lot of fun! I am really excited to see family and friends again! I watched a movie the other day and it had a lot of pictures of AZ, and I really missed it! So it will be really nice to be back for a few days =)

We have been putting Davan in his walker, and tonight he took four steps forward in it! We are making improvements, since last week he could only walk backwards. It was pretty sad because he would get stuck in a corner, and couldn't get out! He would just stand there crying until someone came and saved him. We are trying to teach him to pick up his little cereal treats. Maybe he'll have it by the end of the week! Right now they usually end up on the floor where Snoopy likes to lick them up. Snoopy is getting faster and more sneaky!

I have been looking into laser eye surgery, and I have narrowed it down to three places, so I am visiting the last two this week, and hopefully by march I will be glasses and contacts free!!!!! (Hopefully!) Oh, also in March, Davan will be having his surgery on the 15th.

Hope all is well for everyone out there! We miss everyone and hope to hear from each of you very soon!

~Paul, Heidi, Davan and Snoopy

1 comment:

  1. Sorry - hon - to old people like me (who also watch the Superbowl) the Who IS famous (and current - they still tour in huge stadiums). Although the lead singer did look constipated!

    ReplyDelete